When you think about an office, you probably think about a space that is equipped with various office equipment, office furniture, and modern gadgets. But what if you had to work from home? In order to perform well, you should create a setting where you can stay comfortable and relaxed. That’s why a good home office should be equipped with all the necessary elements so that you could work in a comfortable way.
The first thing to do is to consider all the possible needs and wishes that you have as an employee. You can work from a chair; you can work in your pajamas, or you can even work from your living room. You can move around without worrying about noise; you do not need to carry all your files and documents and can enjoy the rest of the house. But how to make sure that you make the most out of the time you are in your home office? How should you organize the setting so that you feel comfortable and have nothing to disturb you?
Let us share with you some great solutions for the most frequent problems encountered during the design of an office in a house. For the most comfortable arrangement, choose the following ways of work and do not forget about the lighting, heating, and air-conditioning. Start with choosing the right colors and furniture but do not forget about the right heating and air-conditioning as well.
#1 – Choose the Right Design & Colors
A comfortable office can be made by yourself, but that does not mean that you should do it badly. Choose the interior design of your own office but do not forget about the basic rules:
- the best office furniture will help you to work better;
- the interior should meet the most important requirements, taking into account your family needs, work, hobbies, and other areas of interest;
- the workplace should be kept tidy and organized;
- decide on the furniture that you will like;
- the decoration of the office should be made for the whole family: children, parents, and guests should feel comfortable and cozy.
The colors that you choose to decorate the office should not differ significantly from the general color scheme of the house. It is necessary to add warmth and comfort. The office should not make a dull impression on the eye. If you do not boast of great imagination, virtual staging solutions from Spotless Agency will help you make the right choice when it comes to colors, furniture, and office placement in the house.
#2 – Select the Office Furniture
In order to improve the comfort of the interior, you need to work with the best office furniture that will not only increase your productivity but also protect you from health problems. And the following recommendations will come to the rescue:
- the desk is the best option; choose a table of the latest generation, with high quality wood and a good work surface;
- the chair is another important thing. It is better to give preference to a chair with a padded seat or a leather one;
- the desk lamp should be multifunctional and have two settings – work well in the dark but also during the day hours;
- it should be placed in the central part of the office and will not only provide better lighting but also help people to read, work and relax.
#3 – Choose the Right Office Lighting
Modern lighting is crucial to maintaining a comfortable working environment. It is especially important to avoid light glare in the eyes. Otherwise, this will not only lead to a reduced performance but also to some serious health problems:
- the ideal lighting will provide the right color temperature and good brightness;
- there should be a special effect of ambient lighting in the workspace;
- the light should be dimmed when the employee works in the dark.
#4 – Choose a Comfortable Office Temperature
The temperature of the room that you stay many hours at should not be too low, but it should not be too warm either. For effective work, the temperature should be between 18 and 22 degrees. So if you put your comfort first, here are some of the tips that will help you get what you need:
- for office furniture and for desks with drawers, it is possible to select the option with a thermostat;
- another way to regulate the temperature is to purchase a desk fan that is activated by the air temperature in the room.
#5 – Choose the Right Heating & Air-Conditioning
Office heating and air-conditioning are some of the most important elements for maintaining a comfortable working environment. Both have a direct impact on how well we concentrate on tasks, how fast we deliver, and how much work we can do during the day. And this is where you should keep the following details in your head:
- The optimal temperature of the room is 19-21 degrees. The ideal value depends on the room type. The office should be well ventilated; the windows should be closed; the ventilation system should be operating;
- if the office is very large, the temperature in the rooms should be individually controlled;
- the heating is important for temperature management as well. The best option is to purchase separate air and heat sources. They can be combined with a thermostat that will activate one of the sources when the temperature of the room is out of order.
Creating a comfortable office is crucially important not only for your convenience and performance but also for your health. Take care of yourself, and you will get a lot in return.